Office Max offered free PC Checkup.After agreeing and paying for a diagnotic repair my computer performs worse.

After repeated trips to the store my computer is still not functioning properly. I was told that my computer works better than ever which is a total lie.

I need help in getting my computer replaced since Office Max has destroyed my computer.If the employees were honest, then I would be less upset, but after being given several different excuses over the course of a week I have no further recourse than to seek legal action to get reimbursed for their negligence.

Had an Experience with Office Max?

Comments

Same thing here.Before dropping it off, I had absolutely no pop up's and banners.

Now I get them relentlessly.Not sure what kind of recourse I have, but I'm definitely going to make a stink about it.

Danville, Illinois, United States #929217

They mess up and try to charge you to fix it.

Sounds like a bunch of complaints from technology inept people.Comments like this always make me laugh all the way to the bank.

You people come in all hot and bothered not knowing how to do the simplest of preventative maintenance on your computers. Two tips stop surfing *** without antivirus and don't let your little monsters aka children download everything on the internet that messes up your computer! Hahahahha . Yeah us computer fix it guys "destroyed" your computers , sure, sure, funny thing is no matter what you do we get paid.

You don't like us then FU, you go to someone else they make money off of you, I get people from other places , awesome , kaching!!$$$ The circle of life.Thank you come again.

Since OfficeMax offers the service they have to back it as well, therefore making them liable for any and all damages, there is always loophole's in any contract that is signed.

Rochester, New York, United States #601167

I have had the same problem with Office Max ... I,m not going there for service again ...

whowantstoknow

"Your computer is plugged to the OMX computer by USB and it is repaired remotely by OMX employees at corporate. The company does not hire people with formal training in computers!"

They are connected via ETHERNET cable(not usb) to support.com(not omx employees at corporate).

Support.com is a large company that along with officemax is the technical support company for many other retail stores.

Did you sign a paper beforehand? That probably stated they weren't liable for any damages done. Go find it.

Office Max is not to be trusted with computers! Your computer is plugged to the OMX computer by USB and it is repaired remotely by OMX employees at corporate. The company does not hire people with formal training in computers!